I’m very honored to be nominated by Ingrid.
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
This award was created by Colton Beckwith.
What is your ideal holiday destination?
Halloween is my favorite holiday and our wedding anniversary. We both enjoy all the different creepy things, and costume parties. My ultimate favorite place to spend it is in Salem, Massachusetts because they know how to get the creepy on.
For how long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing since I was a child, I fell in love with poetry initially and only recently have I expanded to short stories and memoirs. I believe my poem Introspective is what caught Ingrid’s eye.
Who is your biggest inspiration, and why?
Martin Luther King was my earliest inspiration. I was fortunate as a child to hear him speak live. I saw how his words moved people. Later reading his speeches along with Syliva Plath’s, Shel Silverstein’s and Maya Angelou’s poetry I understood how powerful a words could be. I wanted my poems to be like that.
What would you eat for your last meal?
I would go with my ultimate comfort food macaroni and cheese with a side order of brussel sprouts. My grandmother always made this for me as a child, I made it for my children and I make it for my grandchildren.
Are you a cat person, a dog person, or neither?
I’m a cat fan. My cats are named after poets I enjoy W.B.Yeats and Macavity, the rambunctious cat in T.S. Eliot’s poem Macavity.
If you could fix one thing about the world, what would it be?
That everyone would be held accountable for their carbon footprint. I am always appalled at the way people treat their home, our home. Recycling shouldn’t be an option.
Have you ever/do you plan to publish a book? If so, give details.
I did self publish a poetry book based on Domestic Violence. In My Shoes, My Poetic Journey from Abuse to Victory. I chose poetry because it’s easier to handle such a devastating life event in smaller doses as a reader than it is to be immersed fully. It’s available on Amazon.
My questions are:
- If you could time travel where would you go and why?
- If you had to describe yourself by a color, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite place to go on a date and why?
- What’s your favorite genre and why?
- Do you write with outlines or are you a fly by the seat of your pants writer?
- Where’s your favorite vacation destination?
- Do you prefer your nachos with or without sour cream?