I’m going to reiterate what I already said to Hetty her nomination was deserving. She’s an excellent blogger, I hope you take time to check her blog out.
These are the awesome questions she asked of her nominations and I decided to answer them as well.
- Were you a dork growing up? I wasn’t the coolest kid by a long shot. I’ve always walked to my drum. So probably people did consider me dorky. I know I never fit into a girl mode… I hated dresses, playing with dolls or pretend tea parties. I was always playing football with the neighborhood boys much to my mother’s dismay.
- Which literary villain most resonates with you? Cathy Ames from East of Eden by John Steinbeck. She wasn’t nice but neither were the people in her life. There are times I’ve fantasized killing people as well.
- What is your perspective on existence? This makes me think of my blog title most people merely exist. I feel we all sneak moments to just ease along with minimal effort but in reality we’re procrastinating. We’ve got to put energy into getting what we want, nothing will ever be handed to us. I’ve had numerous rejections, failures, and downright kicks in the face but not once have I simply rolled over. I’ve faced everything in life with the same mantra, is that all you got because this is what I got.
- What is your favorite video game? I’m not a huge gamer although I do enjoy solitaire or free cell or wordscapes or suduko but these don’t really engage me long my doctor seems to think it’s important for us seniors to keep our mind active. If he only knew me, he wouldn’t be as worried.
- Who is the worst boss you’ve ever had? The worst I’ve ever had unfortunately was my last one at Starbucks. He was an arrogant man in his late thirties that shouldn’t ever had been promoted to manager because the work that got him there wasn’t really his but actually him being in the right place and a large turnover of employees that knew the truth. Thankfully, the fates intervened and he got his ass fired because the truth always comes out in the wash. The fates apparently had a lot in store for him because his wife dumped him too at the same time. I wish I could say he’s changed… but he hasn’t. Overall, I’ve been very lucky when it comes to bosses he was the only one I truly disliked.
- Do you have a “tic” when you think of something embarrassing you’ve done? (eg, I shake my head really hard) Nah, I don’t shake my head but I do blush something wicked if I’m recalling it myself or if someone says remember when? I hate that I blush. My husband thinks it’s cute.
The weight hanging over my head about the rest of the story with the other procedures is finally gone. The polyps were benign so I can focus on eating right and getting things ready to sell before our move. I’m not going to let the next endoscopic procedure loom over me. I’m going to focus on the positive.
I submitted three poems for a magazine seeking submissions. I’m going to do more submissions because I do have a lot of poems ready and with Esther’s help on Monday’s I’m racking up a slew of limericks.
If you’re looking for a cool fall decoration check this blog out. The flower pot with the children’s shirt is really cute and something that could be done with your child’s help.
Sunday frustration continues with this block editor as well I don’t want the link shown twice but I can’t delete it either. Grrrr