Diabetes was diagnosed for my ex-husband which may have been the cause for my ex-husband’s volatile mood changes. If someone in your family is prone to outbursts of rage, recommend they be tested for diabetes. It could save everyone a lot of grief.
Diabetes is an ugly disease, affecting the physical health of those who have it. It may also affect the mental health of victims. Anecdotal evidence suggests that it may be the cause of some verbal and physical violence in the home.
What we know.
- 29.1 million Americans have diabetes, according to a 2014 study by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Of these, 8.1 million are undiagnosed.
- Another 86 million are pre-diabetic, meaning they are at risk for development of the disease.
- Diabetes results from a hormone imbalance (insulin) that results in excessive glucose (sugar) in the bloodstream.
- Diabetes places a person at risk for heart disease, kidney disease, blindness, risk of amputation, and death. It was the seventh leading cause of death in 2010 in the US.
- Diabetes may develop at birth or occur in adults. Risk factors include poor diet and obesity. (1)
What we’re not sure about and…
View original post 636 more words