I love seeing all the witty Irish proverbs appear:
- May you have the hindsight to know where you’ve been, the foresight to know where you are going, and the insight to know when you have gone too far.
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.
- If it’s drowning your after, don’t torment yourself with shallow water.
- May you get all your wishes but one, so that you’ll always have something to strive for.
- ‘Here’s to women’s kisses, and to whiskey, amber clear. Not as sweet as a woman’s kiss, but a darn sight more sincere!” ( My grandpa used to say this a lot especially when grandma and him were at odds.)
- May the hinges of your friendship never grow rusty.
- What butter and whiskey won’t cure, there is no cure for. 🙂
- Where ever you go, and what ever you do, may the luck of Irish be with you.